Saturday, March 12, 2011

Odds and Ends...

Some odds and ends...

  • I have almost kicked my soda habit. This week I have had two half cans of Pepsi and a can of Sprite. I am used to a soda a day if not two cans.
  • I have been drinking sweet tea. I like the taste of tea with just a little sugar, so unlike a typical Southerner that likes a little tea with their sugar. Oh, I know what you are thinking... It is no different than soda. But it is... I use less than 1/4 cup of sugar per pitcher. I like the taste of tea with just a little sugar. That is only 4 tablespoons per pitcher and I was drinking half of that in one soda. I USUALLY share the pitcher of tea with the family.
  • I am burnt out with working with the children at church. I love them. I love my Sunday School class too but since the first of the year I have had to do children's church also every Sunday but 1 . That is prepping for my small Sunday school class and then prepping something for 10-12 kids at all age levels during church time too. My co-worker has been sick ALOT this year. We are usually on an every other week rotation, but that has not happened. I am tired and out of ideas. I cant do videos but so many weeks. I do my lesson and activities on my week but when I have to do her week too I have a habit of finding a movie but I am running out of movies.
  • I am still walking at least a mile a day 5-6 days a week. Some days more. Yesterday my outdoor cat followed me along with another cat I feed when his owners kick him out. I tried to get a picture but they were walking too fast.

That is it for now for this post.... I am supposed to weigh tomorrow but hate weigh-in days. I am afraid of a disappointment because I have been working so hard.

2 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

Yay for no soda! I like my tea SWEET with real sugar! lol True southerner, here! I like it with a slick of orange.

I think it's time for you to give a notice at church...

Keep that walking up...go YOU!

betty said...

good for you for almost kicking the soda habit! I made the decision when we moved to give up my daily can of Diet Pepsi; haven't missed it (too much :)

good for you for keeping up on the walking. You are making great changes in your life so that is good! We always judge progress by the scale but sometimes I think the progress we do in healthier lifestyle is much better, know what I mean?

betty