Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jeremiah 29:11

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

That is the scripture God laid on my heart in my early twenties. I quote it everyday. I trust him with all my heart but I am struggling. What exactly are his plans for me? I keep waiting and waiting for things to happen but they never do. I am not questioning him just wondering when....

When will I find a husband?
When will I find a job?
When will I make enough money to survive?
When will I have a family of my own?
Will I have a family of my own?
What lesson am I learning at this point in my life?

The list goes on but I always cling to my Lord and my verse. I know he has a plan and one day it will be very clear.

1 comment:

betty said...

Becky, that is a great "life" verse. I had thought about that verse a few months back and wrote some thoughts about it. We need to look at it in the whole context of what was going on at the time with the Israelites. Jeremiah had gotten a message from God to share with the Israelites that they would be in captivity for 70 years, but while there to build houses, settle down, plant gardens, eat what they produced, have children, increase in number, not decrease, marry and give their children in marriage, pray for the prosperity of Babylon and he says after the 70 years they will come back to him and he says "for I know the plans I have for you....." etc. God does have wonderful plans for us but they can be so different from what we think/want but we have to trust in Him and know his timing is right and his plans perfect. In the meantime, we need, like you are doing, continue to live, blooming where he has planted us. And trust he knows best. I think the best lesson to learn is trust and wait (which is the hardest one for me, LOL)

betty