Monday, February 28, 2011

It was good

I tried to make poached salmon for the first time this evening. I succeeded in making poached salmon this evening. It was ummh-ummh good. It was oh so moist. It was oh so tasty. I want some more.

I am not a recipe follower. I looked at one and thought, Ok what can I do. This is what I did. I sauteed a few green onions with garlic and olive oil. Then I added enough water to cover an inch of the pan. I added some Old Bay, butter and some salmon seasonings we already had. Let it come to a boil then placed my big piece of salmon in the pan. I put a few of the fresh green onions on top and some Old Bay. Let it boil then cover it for about 12-15 minutes. I had a big piece of salmon, you can adjust this by just uncovering and check to see if the salmon flakes.

I will never bake or broil salmon again. I may never grill it again either. This was that good.

2 comments:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

It doesn't sound that hard, either. Ole Boy loves salmon....I may have to try something like that.

betty said...

that does sound good; hubby usually grills the salmon and it comes out flaky; I'll have to see if he wants to try poaching it some time

and salmon is such a good fish to eat in more ways than one!

betty