Thursday, October 28, 2010

Whoooh!

Recently we have started burning one of our candles that we sell at our store in the store. We are in an old building that when it rains it can smell musty, so this helps. It also helps promote the candles.

Well yesterday after school I stopped by the store and lit the candle while I was there . I told my mom that I had lit it and that she needed to remember to blow it out when she came home.

I never thought about it anymore until I awoke at 3 AM wondering if she had blown the candle out. I tried to dismiss it but I couldn't. I kept thinking if the store burns down it is all my fault. So I went and woke my mom up and she did not remember blowing the candle out either.

Off we went at 3 am out to our business to check this candle. Sure enough it was burning away and you could see the little flame in the canister twinkling away from the main boulevard.

We unlocked the door while still in our jammies and walked over with our flashlight and blew it out. Needless to say we will use one of the candle burners that melt candles with electricity plugged into the surge protector that gets turned off every night. Lesson learned.

I must say though when we walked in the store at the wee hour of 3:20 AM , the store smelled awesome like fresh picked apples.

Whoooh! Thank You Lord for protecting the store.

2 comments:

That corgi :) said...

thank God you listened to that "still voice" to go and ask about the candle! I definitely know his hand was on the whole thing for you to wake up, etc.

hope things are going the best they can Becky

praying for you all

betty

The Brown Recluse said...

I think I would have been skeered.