Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Prayer Request

I do not know this blogger but ran across her blog off my friend, Jen's blog. She is going through a heart-breaking experience with an adoption. I am an adoption advocate and most of you know my nephew is adopted. In my state the biological parents have one year to change their minds. That is a hard year when you have the child and love him more than life itself. You wonder the entire year if today is going to be the phone call that they want him back. I give all glory and praise to God that the dreaded phone call never happened and the adoption was legal after that year. Unfortunately this woman has had the dreaded phone call. The baby was born last week, she had not taken her home but she had held her , fed her and bonded with her. I can not imagine what she is going through. Please visit her blog, pray for her and encourage her.http://our-journey-to-parenthood.blogspot.com/2008/11/in-tears.html

1 comment:

betty said...

that was so sad; I told you before (I think) both of my kids are adopted; once the birth parents signed the forms, they couldn't change their minds and the agencies we worked with wouldn't place a child in the home until all the paperwork was done and done correctly; I know private adoptions are different sometimes and we adopted 22/19 years ago respectively; I'll say a prayer for this family

betty