Sunday, November 23, 2008

Little one prayers...

Working with preschoolers in Sunday School you learn that these precious little ones will some how let you know something is not right at home. Most of my kids are brought by their grandparents, how sad. This one little girl kept telling me that she was going to see her mommy last Sunday. I found this just a little odd because she lives with her mommy but spends Saturdays and Sundays with nanny and papa. I asked her grandma why she was so excited to see her mom. Then did I find out the sad news. Her mom came home one day over five weeks ago and told her husband to leave and to take their daughter because she needed a break. This broke my heart. This little girl is so precious and beautiful from the inside out. During this five weeks or more she has seen her daughter very little. The mom will come get her for a few hours and bring her back and then not call or talk to her for a week or two. There are so many women that would love to have a child and can't and here she is not wanting to see her daughter. It breaks my heart. Today the little girl was sick and went to the ER, the mom did come but the mom got upset because the little girl cried for Nana not momma. What did she expect her to do?Nana is the one taking care of her every day. I can not give you her name but please pray for this little one in your prayers this week.

2 comments:

betty said...

how sad :( I'll say a prayer for her

betty

Margaret said...

What comes to mind is ...."worse than an infidel"... The mother probably needs more prayer than the little girl. I will pray for both.