Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Menu....

Thanksgiving Menu.....

Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Roasted Squash, Cauliflower, and Brussels Sprouts
Corn
Corn Bread
Stuffing
Brownies
Pecan Chocolate Kahlua Pie
Pork Loin marinated in Garlic and Herb seasonings.....

Yep.... Pork Loin. Since my sister is a nurse we have to work around her holiday schedule. Yes, she chooses Thanksgiving in hope of getting Christmas off. Some years she gets lucky and gets both off, not this year. So, our "real " Thanksgiving is Sunday. We did not want the same foods twice so close together so I made up tomorrow's menu. Just remember pork is the other white meat.

This Thanksgiving is one filled with changes. My grandmother has passed. My grandfather is going with my mom's sister to her daughter's land three and a half hours away. So it is the first Thanksgiving we will be celebrating without either one of them. Keep my mother in your prayers as she endures tomorrow without her mother, father, nor sister. We were supposed to go to her sister's house for Thanksgiving but with all the latest turmoil with her that is the last place we want to be. My cousin also decided she wanted Thanksgiving on her land for the first year there so she invited them but she doesn't have room for the eight of us too. We understand that. They currently have a FEMA trailer and a small barn. Their basement for their new home will begin construction in the spring. She also is three and half hours away. Too long of a drive for one day. Seven hours on Thanksgiving day, wow!

Changes... Changes... Changes but we will make the best of it.

I hope and pray everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving.

1 comment:

betty said...

The menu sounds delicious! I think the first year when changes are like this is often the hardest. I know living away from family we didn't get to come home for the holidays and the first ones were hard to get through but then we learned to make our own traditions. It will see different for you all, but I am sure it will still be very enjoyable!

Happy Thanksgiving Becky!

betty