Sunday, May 23, 2010

A New Addiction....

I have a new addiction thanks to my grandfather. It is not a good habit either. It is one that could sabotage me.

I am addicted to...... Banana Milkshakes.

My grandfather willingly left the house Saturday. He came out to my nephew's ballgame. Then went by our new location for our store. He took his scooter outside and sat under a tree and watched my sister-in-law mow the grass. Well, he directed her on how to mow the grass the way he thinks it should be mowed. He told my mom that he really wanted a milkshake. So I drove off the a local joint, Monty's Penguin. I called him and told him all the flavors and he chose banana. Normally the only thing banana flavored I eat is bananas. I love a fresh banana but not banana flavored anything. My mom told me to get her one too. I tasted hers and oh let me tell you , I was in love. All they did was ice cream, banana and milk. I ate a little of my moms yesterday and made me a small one today at home. Oh my, I am in trouble.

This banana milkshake thing has made me laugh. My first serious boyfriend used to love the banana milkshakes from Rally's. I always thought it sounded disgusting and would never try it because I just thought it was banana flavoring. See what I have been missing out on all these years. Maybe it is a good thing.

2 comments:

betty said...

just remember all things in moderation and you'll do fine. I'm glad your grandfather is getting out and doing some things with the family

betty

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I'm sure you can do a low fat version of that!! Ice Milk or fat free or low sugar choices!! Oh..and like Betty says...MODERATION!