Thursday, December 4, 2008

Pretty Tasty Chicken Chili Soup

I was reading the December issue of Better Homes and Gardens (YMCA copy) while exercising on the elliptical the other night . I never read that magazine but it had some really interesting recipes. So interesing that I had to go buy my own copy for the recipes. In the winter I make a lot of soup, I mean a lot. I also must say I never completely follow a recipe , I exchange and play with what I think may be good. A recipe is only a suggestion. This was simple and easy too.

Chicken Chili Soup

1 can garbanzo beans ( chick peas), drained
1 can northern beans , drained
2 cans chicken broth
1 can chopped tomatoes with chiles ( Rotel, I used Save-Alot brand)
1/2 pack chili seasoning
1 cup crushed tortilla chips
1 cup shredded cheese
garlic ( I use alot, others may use a little)
1 onion
olive oil
cooked or canned chicken ( as much as you want, I was in a hurry and deboned a rotisserie)

Saute onion and garlic in olive oil. Add 1/2 packet of chili seasoning. Add chicken broth , then use the cans to add 2 cans of water. Add both cans of beans, chopped tomatoes, crushed tortilla chips and cheese. Stir and add chicken. Let cook on medium for about 30 minutes. Ohhh, I also added a little garlic and herb seasoning ( salt-free) but I add that to everything.

It was and is very tasty . It made enough for three hearty eaters for dinner and two bowls for lunch tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Yum Yum, that recipe sounds good. Thanks for sharing it. And thanks for the comment. We will see you on the 14th. God Bless =;)