Monday, May 7, 2012

Suggestions...

A close friend and neighbor is losing her Father. He was put under hospice care last week. She is my age and her Father is 6 years younger than my Dad. She , like me , still lives at home. Her though, for other reasons. Please pray for this family.

I want to do something for them. They always bring us a meal when my Dad is in the hospital. When her Mom had surgery and went to rehab, I gave them a gift card to Chick-Fil-A because I knew they would be on the go alot. However, I know a meal may not be well received or needed because they are all home and I have tried before. My Mom suggested flowers but I find that morbid considering there will be lots of flowers when he passes. I have thought of brownies or a fruit basket......Any suggestions.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

cookies, or a movie rental is always nice. Maybe just something for your friend, like a magazine, or a new hot book? You are going to hve a hard time pleasing everyone of them, so maybe just turn a focus on one or 2 people?