Monday, October 3, 2011

Grin and Bear It...

Sometimes you just have to grin and bear it.

I was in a home ec class today. My last class had 28 regular ed students and 4 special ed students with their teacher's assistant. It was a 6th grade class, not my favorite. There was one overweight child in with the special ed students that would just get up and walk around. On one of her trips around the classroom, she walked up to me and out her face in my face. OK, a little bin uncomfortable for me, she is now in my personal space. Then she says to me...." You need to go on a diet and exercise program so you can be skinny like me."  I stood there with no response. Nothing I could have said would have made a difference anyways. I did want to say.... You think you are skinny. HAHA!  I did not though. I just put a big grin on my face and went with it.

No comments: