Tuesday, June 21, 2011

THoughts...

I have not disappeared. My internet did from time to time but I did not.

This was my second full day of being out of work. No subbing in the summer and yes I am scared financially. I have started applying again for mystery shops but most of that is very low pay.

Here are some of the thoughts in my head right now:



  • I am so over the music reality television. You know, Idol and The Voice. I finally figured out that I am not a music fan. I dont like to sing. Yes, I like to listen to some music, mainly country and Praise and Worship. I live with someone that loves these shows and the computer is in that room. Even the background beat of some of it just drives me nuts. I am over it, really.

  • I leave a week from tomorrow for my friend's wedding. I am excited but also scared because I know I have very little money to survive off while there.

  • My first real day of summer, yesterday was a bummer. We were heading to Busch Gardens but it was raining. We decided to go bowl with our kids bowl free membership. My internet service was down so I could not print the coupons. I then went to my sister's house to use her computer and it is slow as molasses. It took two hours but we finally made it to the bowling alley only to leave and find out it was a beautiful afternoon after all and we should have kept with our original plans for Busch Gardens.

  • I received a call from one of the school district's I applied for last week. I was so excited thinking it is interview time. The excitement ended fast when the secretary told me that my transcripts from my community college were wrong. I was flabbergasted. You see it was addressed to me but it was not my transcripts. It belonged to a male who majored in music. I am not a male and refer back to my first bullet, I don't care for music. I had to request another transcript and send it back to them, I can only hope this one is right. I have 10 copies on my desk but they are sealed copies, if I open them then they are not official. So do I open a few or not? Positive side of it... they were interested enough to call me and request another set. Just hope they look over that one D in psychology. All the rest are A's and B's.

  • My grandfather has really come down recently. I know this is selfish but I keep thinking , I leave town in a week for a week and I dont want to miss this trip. I dont feel too bad because my cousin leaves Thursday for the weekend and was thinking the same thing. My Mom has helped by telling me that even if something happens that I have been there for him when he was alive and that is more important than being there when he is gone. So if something happens during that time for me to continue with my plans.

  • Today , members of my church stopped by to visit him for a few minutes. It was amazing how his spirits were lifted after their visits. He even ate some chicken and dumplings after they left. He is eating very little.

  • Speaking of his eating. We have been desperate to find anything that he will eat. He doesnt even want oysters anymore. Out of the blue Friday night, he asked for brains and eggs. How disgusting! I remembered from my grocery store days they sold them in a can. My mom made it for him the next day and he ate it and said it was delicious. How gross. We mentioned that to our church visitors today and a number of them had eaten it before and enjoyed it. BLAHHH! Look it up on the internet, it really does exist.

  • I never posted on my trip to Arlington, VA to visit my great friends that have accepted a pastorship at a church. I had a great visit with them that day. They have their work cut-out for them in their church for church growth but have such potential in this area. I can not wait to see how God works in their lives, their new position and in their church. I love this couple. I have watched the two of them grow to have an awesome marriage, family and spiritual life. They are a role model to me on the subject of marriage. SHe took us on a drive-by tour of DC. I have never been into DC so I was fascinated. I can not wait to put it back into my schedule to go visit them again. I really want to go to the DC zoo.( I want to see them too) They are literally minutes away from everything. If I was not leaving on Wednesday , I would go up there this weekend but it is too much for me to do in one week.

  • Please continue to pray for my job search. I am hopeful.

Well I am tired and heading to bed. Munchkin will be here at the crack of dawn. I have not decided on Water COuntry or the pool for tomorrow yet. This is the last day I have him until I come back July 6. I want to make the most of it.


1 comment:

betty said...

DC is a great area, Becky; my sister lives outside of it and it has so many wonderful things to do there! I bet your friends will do great at their church and enjoy the area!

I am sorry to hear that about your grandfather, but at the same time, you have had this wedding planned for a bit and if something happens your mom did give you good advice about it.

You are right, mystery shopping jobs don't pay much. Sometimes if you can find companies that do mystery shopping for apartment complexes, they pay a bit more.

hope your day tomorrow is fun with your nephew!

betty