Monday, May 25, 2009

What a Great Day!

First I want to take this moment to thank all the people that have died serving our country to give me the freedom that I have today. I had a great day. It started by getting up early and going to my grandparent's house to cook them a home-cooked breakfast. They are 91 and 95 and still live on their own. Everyday tasks are getting difficult but they are too proud to ask for help. We cooked sausage and gravy, bacon, eggs, and fish roe cakes ( yucko, but my mom and grandparents like them). I then cooked them pancakes for tomorrow and some grilled cheese sandwiches for later that day. They were thankful. Later we had a cookout at my sister's house. Just my immediate family. We did not decide to do this until about noon so it was last minute plans. Our goal was 4 PM. My brother had been in contact with my pastor and had invited him to come if we did anything. At 4:15 PM both him and his wife pulled up to join us. It was a delightful evening. It is so great to have a pastor that you can call by his first name or Pastor Tommy. He and his wife are such a delightful couple. I just have to say that we laughed alot. We also had him cracking up when we confessed what we do during his sermons. My sister-in-law does all she can to keep my brother awake, you know my brother, the head deacon. My sister confessed that she makes out her grocery list. Then I had to confess that when I am in service and not in children's worship that I spend most of my time counting how many gray hairs my sister has that she says she does not have. He was quite amused. He knows we do not do this every Sunday but were giving him a hard time. He is such a great man. Thank you Lord for our friendship with our Pastor and his wife.

No comments: