Thursday, February 19, 2009

The sun was out...

The sun was bright and beautiful today. I took advantage of my day off and did not sleep in or do the lazy day thing. The sun was too pretty and calling my name. By noon , I had already gone to the Y for a little elliptical and strength training. Came home and was intending to have a nice lunch with my mom around 1:30 or 2, go for a 2 mile walk in the sun and shop at Super K for double coupon day. Well lunch came more at 3, I was trying to be economical and use my coupon book but the first restaurant did not open until 4 and it was 2:15. Well I found another coupon for another place not too far down the road. We got there and this restaurant had closed down. Bummer. We finally stopped at The Castle on Jefferson Ave. It was pretty good, no coupon though. I had eaten there years ago and was unimpressed but today I was impressed or just really hungry. I had a garden salad and half sub combo. I added olives to the salad and it was delicious. At first when the sub arrived I was disappointed in the size but the taste made up for it. The sub bread was freshly cooked and it was delicious too. Off to the walking trail at Fantasy Farm... but the phone rang. My sister asking if we can be at her house around 6 she had some where she wanted to go and she was supposed to babysit a little girl tonight and wanted to know if we could watch her and my nephew. Part of me wanted to say no because we had things to do but the niceness in me agreed. All of this to say that my 2 mile outdoor walk was one mile because we still had to go to K-Mart but it was a great one mile. I think the sun is what I needed for a little pick-me-up.

Oh and by the way, we saved $42 in double coupons. So all in all it was a good day. See what a little sun can do to perk you up a little.

No comments: