Friday, July 9, 2010

It was delicious....

I read another person's blog locally. I would give credit but I forgot who it was. It was for crock pot macaroni and cheese. As usual I looked at it and did my own thing. Let me tell you , it was delicious.

If you know me, you know I don't follow things to exact measurements, so here goes.

Becky's Crock pot Macaroni and Cheese

Ingredients

One box uncooked macaroni (I used the one with extra fiber) (14 oz)
Shredded cheese ( depends on your taste) I used about two an half cups
1/2 cup butter or margarine, chopped
pinch of onion salt
pepper
milk

Spray crock pot with non-stick spray. Add macaroni, cheese, butter, salt and pepper. Pour milk over mixture until it covers the macaroni and about 1/2 inch above macaroni. Stir. Cook on high for 4 hours. Stir about half way through cooking time.

I would have liked it to be a little more cheesier but that's me. Ours cooked for four hours but sat on warm for another two hours.

I really was surprised on how good it was and so easy. Living in the south in the heat , it also did not heat up the house.

I have had three helpings so far...well not big helpings....ummmh, shh! maybe they were, Just dont tell!

1 comment:

BlueRidge Boomer said...

Whoa Mama.....did i ever need this tip..!! The grands are coming tomorrow for three days.....!! Three teenage boys!!

Enjoy