Saturday, July 17, 2010

I'm back....

I know I have been missing for a few days. Not because the family drama has slowed down, well the aide is gone for good so that has slowed. The reason is because I am a klutz....

My old keyboard had a glass of water spilled on it. Most of it worked but the most common keys did not. I threw it away because I knew I had a back-up keyboard that was brand new and from a bargain store. I got it as a set with a mouse and ergonomic mouse pad about six months ago when my mouse died. I stored the keyboard just for this day.

Fine and dandy, unfortunately when I exchanged them the new keyboard worked but eight keys did not. Do you remember typing class? ASDF JKL: . yep those refused to work. Today I went to Target, all they had were wireless keyboards, my old computer would not have been happy. I then traveled to Big Lots and they had a simple keyboard for $6. I received 20% off then an additional 20% for friends and family day. So my new keyboard was a whopping $4. Go me and it works.

Maybe I should have bought more than one at that price. Then again with my luck with storing keyboards it is best I did not.

Oh by the way , I have been using my mini-laptop so I have been reading blogs but my fingers are too big to type anything on that keyboard. I also discovered my eyes are old and that small screen is real small. REAL SMALL.

1 comment:

The Brown Recluse (TBR) said...

I hate those small keyboards on laptops.