Sunday, April 19, 2009

Conviction...

I went to the park today with my nephew. I was sitting on the bench reading my study guide for my upcoming test this Saturday when a woman came and sat next to me. I looked up and noticed she was Muslim. This overcoming spirit came over me to pray for her. I was feeling convicted to put my book down and just pray for her to be receptive to the Gospel of Christ. I have never had this feeling before. My conviction was not to talk to her but only to pray. She looked at me a few times and smiled. She was a beautiful woman. I prayed and prayed while sitting there and then a beautiful Monarch butterfly flew by. I know a butterfly means new life. I thought there is a reason we were both put on this bench. I was not feeling the conviction to witness but feeling the conviction to pray for her salvation and her receptiveness. That butterfly was a sign to me that God is going to send someone into her path who has the gift of evangelism. My gift today was intercessory prayer. I had to get up and at the same time she got up. How coincidental. I think not.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

very cool!