Sunday, December 27, 2015

Christmas!

My family is healing. We had a great Christmas under the new normal.

Christmas Eve was our tradition of sandwiches and various salads with ice cream cake for dessert. We let my nephew have his gifts from his Nanny and myself.

Christmas morning, Mom and I went to their house but brought breakfast. We watched my nephew open his presents then exchanged gifts with each other.

Christmas afternoon, we went to the grave sites and left flowers. We then drove to visit my cousin who was spending the day with her Mom, the crazy lady, my aunt.

Christmas night we ventured back over to my sister's house for a new Christmas Eve dinner. We had prime rib roast, scalloped potatoes, Brussels sprouts, green beans and tons of sweets.

What was the best thing about Christmas other than the birth of Christ? Laughter.... we laughed as a family for the first time in years. I mean belly laughs. We also reminisced about my dad and brother. The laughter was good. We played  Pie in the Face. It was hilarious.

Thank you God for sending your Son in the form of human flesh to be our Saviour. Thank you for the gift of eternal life in which we will see Jesus and our loved ones again one day.

1 comment:

betty said...

So glad to hear you are healing and trying to figure out how to do life with your new normals; seems like it is going relatively well.

betty